Refine and nurture your unique teaching purpose in a mentorship programme with Kirsten Nielsen and Michelle Chan.
This programme will be valuable for new yoga teachers and teachers who want to reignite their passion for teaching totalling over 50 contact hours.
A mentorship programme offers a supportive and intimate environment to allow the digestion, reflection and practical applications of the many aspects to a sustainable yoga teaching path. It provides the opportunity to consolidate and enhance the learnings from a foundational teacher training to allow one to evolve their teaching from a place of embodiment and understanding.
This programme offers many practical teaching opportunities with class delivery, homework and contemplations to allow one to deeply inquire and illuminate their authentic way of sharing yoga.
The programme spans over 3 months with weekend intensives held on
July 24th - 25th
August 21st - 22nd
Saturday - 9.30am - 5.30pm
Sunday - 7am - 3.30pm
Location: 29B Helen Street, Teneriffe, Brisbane
(early bird pricing - 10% off before 31/5/21)
What this programme entails:
- A guided practice each morning by Michelle or Kirsten
- Practical teaching skills
- Intelligent sequencing
- The art of touch
- Applied philosophy and theming
- Discover your authentic voice
- Self care and the business of yoga
In addition to the weekend intensive, each student will receive a phone call from Kirsten or Michelle once monthly for individualised feedback on the homework and the opportunity for questions and experiences to be shared and unpacked.
Practical teaching skills
- Class planning and delivery
- Clarifying your purpose as a teacher
- Articulating cues in an effective way
- Managing the room - injuries, pregnancies, other concerns in class
- Pranayama, meditation
A great teacher teaches to the room and while doing so the individuals within the room sense that he cues and teachings are relevant to them.
This module provides the essentials to revolutionise your teaching from rote learning cues to articulating cues imbued with presence, information and guidance.
- Vinyasa Krama - step by step progressive sequencing
- Vinyasa sequencing using peak pose sequencing
- Dissection of postures to effectively and safely sequence
- Class style - beginners, private, corporate, workshop
As vinyasa teachers, we have the privilege to infuse our creativity and authenticity into sequencing and with this we must realise we are affecting our student’s bodies and nervous systems. A great sequence can be the gateway creating more harmony in the physical and subtle body.
This module will provide the knowledge and formula to planning sequences for classes using vinyasa krama to enable you to teach to all levels and to improve efficiency when creating classes.
The art of touch
- Transmission of touch as a conversation with your student
- Develop the eyes and touch to apply thoughtful and skilful hands on assists
Applied philosophy and theming
- Theming classes based on elements, philosophical texts, anatomy, myths of the asana
- Why theming is the thread that weaves a class together
- How to study philosophical texts
Discover your authentic voice
- Language and expression in a concise manner and as an art form
- Broaden your language and cues toolkit
- Make your class authentic to you
- Body language, delivery, music selection
Integrating your learning
- Deliver your class
Self care and continuing education (joined module)
- How does self care look like for a yoga teacher
- Creating a sustainable career as a yoga teacher
- Continuing education
- How to stay inspired and enthusiastic
Business of yoga (joined module)
- How to find teaching jobs
- How to negotiate pay
- Insurance, first aid legals
- Self promotion, social media, online offerings
This programme is for:
- New teachers who have completed a 200 hour teacher training
- Existing teachers who have have lost their lustre for teaching and want to feel inspired and passionate again
- Teachers who want to clarify their purpose in teaching
- Teachers who want a sustainable and fulfilling career
Who are your teachers:
Michelle is an authentic and with an engaging style who encourages students to explore the realms of their practice. With her warm nature, her classes are inviting to cater to all students.
An athlete from a young age, Michelle draws inspiration from different modalities of movement and is fascinated about adaptable anatomical alignment, energetic subtleties and the crafting of intelligent sequences. As a passionate student, Michelle has practiced and studied with many respected teachers worldwide including: Noelle Connolly, Shiva Rea, Maty Ezraty, Simon Park and many others.
To Michelle, the practice of yoga is beyond the mat, it’s a way of life, living with awareness, mindfulness and intention.
Aside from yoga, Michelle has been a pharmacist for nearly a decade.
Kirsten is an internationally recognised Yoga Alliance E-RYT yoga teacher and with such a passion for all aspects of Yoga, has completed trainings worldwide totalling over 1300 hours as well as her current study, a diploma in yogic philosophy.
Her classes definitely demonstrate her love for the practice, a blend of fun, invigorating alignment based vinyasa, soulful yogic philosophy and deep meditation. Encouraging her students to
express themselves in their own practice and to be in a place of less reaction, judgement and more self-introspection.
A non-refundable deposit of $450 AUD is necessary to secure your place and the remainder must be paid 3 weeks prior to the course commencement date
(2nd July 2021).
There are 6 sessions held in person and it is highly encouraged to attend each session. However if you miss a session there may be an opportunity to attend the session at a later date if the course is held again at a later date.
- If you choose to cancel prior to 2nd July 2021: any monies paid minus the non refundable deposit can be refunded
- After 2nd July 2021: no refund on monies paid
- Cancellation due to COVID lockdown or unforeseen circumstances: the course will be postponed to a suitable date and time. If these new dates do not work for you, we will refund you all monies paid.